December 18, 2016

Liven Up Your Wedding Reception with a Wedding Anniversary Pinata


Ever since I was little, I have loved Piñatas!
My sister and I went to a childhood friend’s party from private school.  His parents bought him a piñata and my eyes lit up when I saw it because it so beautiful and colorful!  At first, I did not understand what it was because I just thought it was just a pretty decoration. 

His parents gathered all the children around in a circle outside in his backyard and explained what the decoration was at the party.  His parents showed us how to play, everyone took turns and when it was my turn, and I placed the blindfold over my eyes and used the piñata stick to smash the piñata open, so I could retrieve some candy!


Even though that was back when I was a child, there is nothing wrong with adults using a piñata at a wedding reception today because it is fun and a celebration of marriage.  If your wedding reception is more family oriented, I suggest purchasing two (2) piñatas. One (1) piñata for the children and one (1) piñata for the couple to use.  Remember, the one pianta for couple is not to opened at the wedding reception, this one is for celebrating their first year anniversary together.

What to put in a couple's wedding pinata? Of course, I suggest a variety of items couples may enjoy. I have provided variety of options
for one of the wedding party members to put inside a piñata for a wedding couple or you can let guests choose a couple of items and then provide a sticker for guests to write a note, a joke, predictions or words of encouragement and stick the sticker on the item and place inside the piñata. I have provided some sayings I have found online and also provided some of these corny lines I came up with myself...Enjoy!



Remember, at WicksnCandlesticks, we love celebrating all of life's events and special occasions! For more information on designs, ideas, inspiration and styles for weddings, events, celebrations and special occasions, please follow our blog at WicksnCandlesticks. To shop on our website, please visit http://www.wicksncandlesticks.com/. 


Kind Wishes,




Carla Lowery is the Owner of WicksnCandlesticks that is an International Business. Her website launched in 2009 
and her store is the 'go-to' store for beautiful, exceptional and exclusive products for weddings, events, celebrations and special occasions.


No comments: